South Elementary School
South Elementary School serves 644 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
South Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Missouri for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Missouri state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Missouri state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Missouri state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Missouri state average of 30% (majority Black).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Students: 644 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 13%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 66% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
South Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
South Elementary School's student population of 644 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
South Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,091 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of South Elementary School is 0.24, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.49. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MO)
Overall Testing Rank
#194 out of 2091 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Review South Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.