South Newton Middle School
South Newton Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- South Newton Middle School's student population of 199 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Newton Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#882 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Newton School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kentland South Newton Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
13102 S 50 E
Kentland, IN 47951
(219) 474-5167 0.0 9-12 240
- Kentland South Newton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 451 students
13188 S 50 E
Kentland, IN 47951
(219) 474-5167 0.1 PK-5 451
- Sheldon Milford Grade School East Campus Grades: PK
150 S Randolph St
Sheldon, IL 60966
(815) 889-5176 10.2 PK n/a
- Morocco Morocco Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 173 students
310 S Lincoln
Morocco, IN 47963
(219) 285-2258 10.3 K-6 173
- Remington Tri-county Primary School Grades: K-2 | 188 students
300 E Michigan St
Remington, IN 47977
(219) 261-2214 12.3 K-2 188
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.