South Newton Senior High School
South Newton Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- South Newton Senior High School's student population of 240 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Newton Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1243 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Newton School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kentland South Newton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 199 students
13100 S 50 E
Kentland, IN 47951
(219) 474-5167 0.0 6-8 199
- Kentland South Newton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 451 students
13188 S 50 E
Kentland, IN 47951
(219) 474-5167 0.1 PK-5 451
- Sheldon Milford Grade School East Campus Grades: PK
150 S Randolph St
Sheldon, IL 60966
(815) 889-5176 10.2 PK n/a
- Morocco Morocco Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 173 students
310 S Lincoln
Morocco, IN 47963
(219) 285-2258 10.3 K-6 173
- Remington Tri-county Primary School Grades: K-2 | 188 students
300 E Michigan St
Remington, IN 47977
(219) 261-2214 12.3 K-2 188
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.