South Region Deaf
South Region Deaf places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- South Region Deaf's student population of 16 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Region Deaf's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 3:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Utah s For Deaf & Blind School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orem Sharon School Grades: PK-6 | 505 students
525 N 400 E
Orem, UT 84097
(801)610-8119 0.1 PK-6 505
- Orem Noah Webster Academy Grades: K-6 | 583 students
205 E 400 S
Orem, UT 84058
(801)426-6624 0.2 K-6 583
- Orem Timpanogos High School Grades: 10-12 | 1428 students
1450 N 200 E
Orem, UT 84057
(801)610-8175 0.6 10-12 1428
- Orem Orem High School Grades: 10-12 | 1160 students
175 S 400 E
Orem, UT 84097
(801)610-8165 0.8 10-12 1160
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.