South Region Deaf
South Region Deaf places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- South Region Deaf's student population of 16 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Region Deaf's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 3:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Utah s For Deaf & Blind School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orem Sharon School Grades: PK-6 | 505 students
525 N 400 E
Orem, UT 84097
(801)610-8119 0.1 PK-6 505
- Orem Noah Webster Academy Grades: K-6 | 583 students
205 E 400 S
Orem, UT 84058
(801)426-6624 0.2 K-6 583
- Orem Timpanogos High School Grades: 10-12 | 1428 students
1450 N 200 E
Orem, UT 84057
(801)610-8175 0.6 10-12 1428
- Orem Orem High School Grades: 10-12 | 1160 students
175 S 400 E
Orem, UT 84097
(801)610-8165 0.8 10-12 1160
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.