South Whitley Elementary School
- South Whitley Elementary School's student population of 284 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Whitley Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#760 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Whitko Community Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Larwill Whitko Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 351 students
710 N Sr 5
Larwill, IN 46764
(260)327-3603 6.9 6-8 351
- Columbia City Indian Springs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 786 students
1692 S Sr 9
Columbia City, IN 46725
(260)244-5148 8.6 6-8 786
- Columbia City Little Turtle Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 532 students
1710 S State Rd 9
Columbia City, IN 46725
(260)244-3343 8.6 K-5 532
- Pierceton Pierceton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 334 students
434 S First St
Pierceton, IN 46562
(574)594-2210 8.7 PK-5 334
I cannot say enough good things about South Whitley Elementary. The teachers are simply amazing. They know every kid personally, and I don't mean the kids in their class. I mean each teacher seems to know each kid in each class! More than that I feel like every year my kids have teachers who know THEM, and know exactly what they need in order to succeed and grow. Very impressed. Its a very clean, modern school, has all the technology any of the Fort Wayne school would have.
- Posted by Parent - SDub-Dad
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.