Southside Elementary School
- Southside Elementary School's student population of 471 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southside Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#295 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pittsylvania Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Twin Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 798 students
100 Twin Springs Elem Cir
Danville, VA 24540
(434)724-2666 3.2 PK-5 798
- Chatham Regional Alternative/pittslvania Co
1601a Franklin Turnpike
Chatham, VA 24531
(804)432-4920 3.5 n/a n/a
- Ringgold Dan River Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 517 students
5875 Kentuck Rd.
Ringgold, VA 24586
(434)822-6027 4.4 6-8 517
- Ringgold Kentuck Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 575 students
100 Kentuck Elementary Cir
Ringgold, VA 24586
(434)822-5944 4.4 PK-5 575
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.