Dan River Middle School
- Dan River Middle School's student population of 517 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dan River Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1172 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pittsylvania Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ringgold Kentuck Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 575 students
100 Kentuck Elementary Cir
Ringgold, VA 24586
(434)822-5944 0.1 PK-5 575
- Blairs Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 471 students
440 East Witt Rd
Blairs, VA 24527
(434)836-0006 4.4 PK-5 471
- Chatham Regional Alternative/pittslvania Co
1601a Franklin Turnpike
Chatham, VA 24531
(804)432-4920 5.6 n/a n/a
- Danville The Northside Preschool Grades: PK | 125 students
121 Gloucester Ave
Danville, VA 24543
(434)773-8301 5.8 PK 125
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.