Kentuck Elementary School
- Kentuck Elementary School's student population of 586 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||586 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kentuck Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#488 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pittsylvania County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ringgold Dan River Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 517 students
5875 Kentuck Rd.
Ringgold, VA 24586
(434) 822-6027 0.1 6-8 517
- Blairs Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 462 students
440 East Witt Rd
Blairs, VA 24527
(434) 836-0006 4.4 PK-5 462
- Chatham Regional Alternative/pittslvania Co
1601a Franklin Turnpike
Chatham, VA 24531
(804) 432-4920 5.6 n/a n/a
- Danville The Northside Preschool Grades: PK | 119 students
121 Gloucester Ave
Danville, VA 24543
(434) 773-8301 5.9 PK 119
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.