Tunstall Middle School
- Tunstall Middle School's student population of 648 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||648 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tunstall Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#662 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pittsylvania Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dry Fork Tunstall High School Grades: 9-12 | 970 students
100 Trojan Cir
Dry Fork, VA 24549
(434)724-7111 0.4 9-12 970
- Danville Stony Mill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 495 students
100 Stony Mill Elementary Cir
Danville, VA 24541
(434)685-7545 4.0 PK-5 495
- Danville Twin Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 798 students
100 Twin Springs Elem Cir
Danville, VA 24540
(434)724-2666 5.3 PK-5 798
- Danville Brosville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 270 students
195 Bulldog Ln.
Danville, VA 24541
(434)685-7787 5.9 PK-5 270
- Chatham Union Hall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 239 students
100 Union Hall Cir
Chatham, VA 24531
(434)724-7010 6.8 PK-5 239
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.