Southwest Dekalb High School
- Southwest Dekalb High School's student population of 1,189 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,189 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southwest Dekalb High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,188 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1387 out of 2188 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Rainbow Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 430 students
2801 Kelley Chapel Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(678) 874-1702 0.1 PK-5 430
- Decatur Canby Lane Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 544 students
4150 Green Hawk Trl
Decatur, GA 30035
(678) 874-0602 1.2 PK-5 544
- Decatur Bob Mathis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 436 students
3505 Boring Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(678) 874-5802 1.3 PK-5 436
How is it possible that the school graduates 86%, but has a 19% proficiency in Math and 42% proficiency in comparison to other schools in Ga? It seems to that the teachers are closing their eyes to the reality and pushing students out the door with minimal education!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - John
Swd high school could be an excellent school but they change principals and faculty frequently. The. School need more stability and reward the staff that prove themselves to be interesting in teaching and caring about the children.
- Posted by Parent - Rayne
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.