Southwest Elementary School
- Southwest Elementary School's student population of 274 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southwest Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland West Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 377 students
13100 Highway 194
Oakland, TN 38060
(901)465-0798 4.8 6-8 377
- Oakland Oakland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 677 students
14925 Hwy 194 North
Oakland, TN 38060
(901)465-3804 6.5 PK-5 677
- Moscow La Grange Moscow Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 284 students
15655 Highway 57 East
Moscow, TN 38057
(901)877-6854 8.7 PK-5 284
- Somerville Buckley-carpenter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 687 students
12580 S Main St
Somerville, TN 38068
(901)465-5260 10.3 PK-5 687
- Collierville Tara Oaks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 690 students
600 Harpers Ferry Rd
Collierville, TN 38017
(901)853-3337 10.4 PK-5 690
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.