West Junior High School
- West Junior High School's student population of 377 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Junior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,627 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Oakland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 677 students
14925 Hwy 194 North
Oakland, TN 38060
(901)465-3804 1.7 PK-5 677
- Macon Southwest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 274 students
8095 Highway 194
Macon, TN 38048
(901)465-8317 4.8 PK-5 274
- Arlington Donelson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 734 students
12140 Donelson Farms Pw
Arlington, TN 38002
(901)389-6973 8.6 PK-5 734
- Somerville Buckley-carpenter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 687 students
12580 S Main St
Somerville, TN 38068
(901)465-5260 9.7 PK-5 687
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.