St. Clare Walker Middle School
St. Clare Walker Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- St. Clare Walker Middle School's student population of 299 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St. Clare Walker Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1535 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Middlesex County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Locust Hill Middlesex Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 590 students
823 Philpot Rd.
Locust Hill, VA 23092
(804) 758-2496 0.4 PK-5 590
- Saluda Middlesex High School Grades: 9-12 | 395 students
454 General Puller Highway
Saluda, VA 23149
(804) 758-2132 5.9 9-12 395
- Kilmarnock Lancaster Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 395 students
191 School Street
Kilmarnock, VA 22482
(804) 462-5100 10.5 4-8 395
- Gloucester Petsworth Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 328 students
10658 Geo Washington Mem Hwy
Gloucester, VA 23061
(804) 693-6161 10.7 PK-5 328
- Lancaster Lancaster Primary Grades: PK-3 | 394 students
36 Primary School Circle
Lancaster, VA 22503
(804) 462-5100 11.9 PK-3 394
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.