St George School
- St George School's student population of 192 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St George School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#222 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St George Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cushing Cushing Community School Grades: K-5 | 90 students
54 Cross Road
Cushing, ME 04563
(207)354-2312 4.1 K-5 90
- Friendship Friendship Village School Grades: K-6 | 86 students
23 School Street
Friendship, ME 04547
(207)832-5057 5.9 K-6 86
- South Thomaston Gilford Butler School Grades: K-2 | 76 students
54 Spruce Head Rd
South Thomaston, ME 04858
(207)594-7666 7.2 K-2 76
- Thomaston Oceanside Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 397 students
47 Valley Street
Thomaston, ME 04861
(207)354-2502 8.0 6-8 397
- Thomaston Thomaston Grammar School Grades: K-5 | 189 students
65 Watts Lane
Thomaston, ME 04861
(207)354-6353 8.2 K-5 189
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.