- The student population of 566 students has grown by 9% over five years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-5|
|Total Students||566 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.54 is more than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Monroe School District's student population of 8,478 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $13,858 is higher than the state average of $11,664. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,576 is higher than the state average of $11,759. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four years.
|School District Name||Monroe School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||8,478||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$116 MM||$119 MM|
|District Spending||$105 MM||$120 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,858||$11,664|
|District Spending / Student||$12,576||$11,759|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MarathonMarathon SchoolGrades: 6-12 | 667 students
350 Sombrero Beach Rd
Marathon, FL 33050
Big Pine KeyBig Pine AcademyGrades: PK-8 | 177 students
30220 Overseas Hwy
Big Pine Key, FL 33043
Summerland KeySugarloaf SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 526 students
255 Crane Blvd
Summerland Key, FL 33042
IslamoradaTreasure Village Montessori Charter SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
86731 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036
TavernierPlantation Key SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 435 students
100 Lake Rd
Tavernier, FL 33070
Stanley Switlik School and Marathon High School are the best in the Florida Keys. My Son when to both School here. The Science Department at School are excellent. I want to Thank all the teachers and staff for all that they do. My Son: Emanuel Paz-Perez, Product of Switlik and Marathon High School Had a Honorable Mention for his work this summer from The National Science Foundation in Champaign Illinois; as The Young Researcher of the Year. I am very proud of him but more important the teacher who's sparkle his Scientific mind. God Bless
- Posted by Parent - h2o2c
April 28, 2017
In an evolving story out of New York, teacher unions have sued the school district to prevent them from following through with proposed school closures.
April 28, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 27, 2017
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.