Star Lake Elementary School
- Star Lake Elementary School's student population of 426 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||426 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Star Lake Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1202 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Federal Way School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kent Technology Access Foundation Academy Grades: 6-12 | 310 students
26720 40th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032
(253)945-5187 0.2 6-12 310
- Auburn Valhalla Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 597 students
27847 42nd Av S
Auburn, WA 98001
(253)945-4300 0.6 PK-5 597
- Federal Way Mark Twain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 586 students
2450 S Star Lake Rd
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253)945-3100 1.0 PK-5 586
- Auburn Thomas Jefferson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1766 students
4248 S 288th St
Auburn, WA 98001
(253)945-5600 1.1 9-12 1766
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.