Studebaker Elementary School
Studebaker Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Studebaker Elementary School's student population of 500 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Studebaker Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1139 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Des Moines Independent Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Moines Mccombs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 722 students
201 Sw County Line Rd
Des Moines, IA 50320
(515)242-8447 0.3 6-8 722
- Des Moines Jackson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 467 students
3825 Indianola Ave
Des Moines, IA 50315
(515)242-8415 0.9 K-5 467
- Des Moines Jessie Franklin Taylor Grades: PK | 244 students
1801 16th Street
Des Moines, IA 50314
(515)242-8424 1.5 PK 244
- Des Moines Mitchell Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 380 students
Des Moines, IA 50310
(515)242-8424 1.5 PK 380
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.