Success Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Success Academy's student population of 21 students has grown by 133% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 66% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Success Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has increased from 3:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9186 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sacramento City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Oak Park Preparatory Academy Grades: 7-8 | 139 students
2315 34th St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 533-4861 0.1 7-8 139
- Sacramento Nicholas Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 651 students
6601 Steiner Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95823
(916) 433-5076 0.3 K-6 651
- Sacramento Will C. Wood Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 693 students
6201 Lemon Hill Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95824
(916) 395-5380 0.6 7-8 693
- Sacramento Fortune Grades: K-12 | 1,356 student
6829 Stockton Blvd. Ste. 380
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 287-4470 0.8 K-12 1,356
- Sacramento Peter Burnett Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 565 students
6032 36th Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95824
(916) 277-6685 0.8 K-6 565
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.