Sumiton Elementary School
Sumiton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Sumiton Elementary School's student population of 652 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||652 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sumiton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#631 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Walker County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dora Dora High School Grades: 9-12 | 499 students
330 Glenn C Gant Cir.
Dora, AL 35062
(205)648-6863 0.7 9-12 499
- Cordova Cordova Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 379 students
35 North St
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7666 6.9 PK-4 379
- Cordova Bankhead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 329 students
110 School Rd
Cordova, AL 35550
(205)483-7245 7.2 5-8 329
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.