Summit Academy - Draper Campus
Summit Academy - Draper Campus places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Summit Academy - Draper Campus's student population of 991 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||991 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Summit Academy - Draper Campus's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#268 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Summit Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lehi Ignite Entrepreneurship Academy
1902 West Deer Ridge Trail (pr
Lehi, UT 84043
(801)369-6639 0.6 n/a n/a
- Draper Draper School Grades: K-5 | 745 students
1080 E 12660 S
Draper, UT 84020
(801)826-8275 1.0 K-5 745
- Draper Willow Springs School Grades: K-5 | 744 students
13288 S Lone Peak Drive
Draper, UT 84020
(801)826-9700 1.1 K-5 744
- Sandy Sprucewood School Grades: K-5 | 461 students
12025 S 1000 E
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)826-9475 1.5 K-5 461
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.