Summit Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Summit Academy's student population of 1,120 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,120 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Summit Academy's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#313 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesa Franklin At Alma Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 336 students
1313 W. Medina Ave
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480)472-3900 1.2 K-8 336
- Chandler Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Tempe Grades: K-8 | 103 students
1700 West Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)730-8886 1.3 K-8 103
- Phoenix Great Hearts Academies - Chandler Prep Grades: K-12 | 719 students
1951 N. Alma School Rd., G-62
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(602)438-7045 1.4 K-12 719
- Mesa Jordan Center For Early Education Grades: PK-K | 346 students
3320. N Carriage Lane
Mesa, AZ 85201
(480)472-3866 1.4 PK-K 346
I think Hendrix Junior High is a great school. My children came from 8 years in a private christian school and I was petrified to put them into the public school system, but felt I needed to in order to expose them to the "real" world. Two of my children have been placed in advanced classes and have consistently made the principles honor roll, have been a member of the National Junior Honor Society and are in the school's band program. My daughter has since moved on to high school where she still maintains a very high gpa. The teachers at Hendrix care about my children and their education and make it extremely easy to approach them with any concerns or questions I may have. My son has one more year there and in 2 years, we will also be sending our youngest child there. LOVE this school - feels like family.
- Posted by Parent - mtnby
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.