Summit Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Summit Academy's student population of 1,086 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,086 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Summit Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#310 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chandler Evit - Hendrix Junior High School Grades: 9
1550 W. Summit Place
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)472-3300 0.0 9 n/a
- Chandler Pomeroy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 655 students
1507 W. Shawnee Dr.
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)472-3700 0.6 PK-6 655
- Mesa Dobson High School Grades: 9-12 | 2364 students
1501 W. Guadalupe Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480)472-3000 0.7 9-12 2364
- Mesa Eagleridge Enrichment Program Grades: K-9 | 671 students
737 W. Guadalupe Road Suite 11
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480)472-3685 1.2 K-9 671
I think Hendrix Junior High is a great school. My children came from 8 years in a private christian school and I was petrified to put them into the public school system, but felt I needed to in order to expose them to the "real" world. Two of my children have been placed in advanced classes and have consistently made the principles honor roll, have been a member of the National Junior Honor Society and are in the school's band program. My daughter has since moved on to high school where she still maintains a very high gpa. The teachers at Hendrix care about my children and their education and make it extremely easy to approach them with any concerns or questions I may have. My son has one more year there and in 2 years, we will also be sending our youngest child there. LOVE this school - feels like family.
- Posted by Parent - mtnby
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.