Summit Academy Secondary - Canton
- The student population of 88 students has grown by 46% over five years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- The school's diversity score of 0.30 is more than the state average of 0.23. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Summit Academy Secondary - Canton School District's student population of 88 students has grown by 46% over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 100% has increased from 25% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $18,272 is higher than the state average of $12,824. The district revenue/student has declined by 12% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $18,272 is higher than the state average of $11,656. The district spending/student has declined by 52% over four years.
|School District Name||Summit Academy Secondary - Canton School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||88||909|
|District Total Revenue||$2 MM||$12 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$18,272||$12,824|
|District Spending / Student||$18,272||$11,656|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CantonWorley Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 295 students
1340 23rd St Nw
Canton, OH 44709
CantonChoices Alternative SchoolGrades: 11-12 | 116 students
401 14th St Se
Canton, OH 44707
CantonBarbara F Schreiber Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 385 students
1503 Woodland Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44703
CantonMason Elementary SchoolGrades: 3-5 | 257 students
316 30th St Nw
Canton, OH 44709
CantonMckinley High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1356 students
2323 17th St Nw
Canton, OH 44708
This is my oldest son's 1st yr in Summit Academy Secondary High in Canton.Prior to that,he attended a public high school.My husband and I could not be any happier with this school! There isn't one single person at this school that doesn't have our son's best interest in mind.Everyone has been so helpful and kind,and the programs available are wonderful! Not just as far as academics,but for preparing our son for the real world as well.Our son loves his teachers,the principle,and all of the staff there.He is not angry in the morning when he gets up for school,and doesn't come home angry from school because he actually enjoys attending this school.He NEVER showed any interest in ANY after school activities before in his old school.Now,this year,my husband and I didn't know whether or not to pass out or cry when he came home from this school and actually asked us if he could join the basketball team!His grades are outstanding and we couldn't be more pleased.My only regret is that I hadn't heard of this school sooner!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - holly
July 12, 2017
Learn whether a year round attendance schedule or traditional schedule may be more appropriate for your child.
July 12, 2017
It is helpful to know the issues involved when considering public versus private schools. More about these considerations here.
July 02, 2017
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.