Canton Arts Academy @ Summit
- Canton Arts Academy @ Summit's student population of 297 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Canton Arts Academy @ Summit's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#378 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Life Skills Center Of Canton Grades: 9-12 | 107 students
1100 Cleveland Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44702
(330)456-4490 0.4 9-12 107
- Canton Barbara F Schreiber Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 314 students
1503 Woodland Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44703
(330)452-1672 0.6 PK-2 314
- Canton Mckinley High School Grades: 8-12 | 2362 students
2323 17th St Nw
Canton, OH 44708
(330)438-2712 1.0 8-12 2362
- Canton Worley Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 238 students
1340 23rd St Nw
Canton, OH 44709
(330)452-5748 1.0 PK-2 238
- Canton Clarendon Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 345 students
412 Clarendon Ave Nw
Canton, OH 44708
(330)453-7681 1.1 3-5 345
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.