Sunset High School
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 87 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 37%
- Graduation Rate: 80-89% (Top 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 11-19% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 11-19% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Sunset High School?
The graduation rate of Sunset High School is 80-89%, which is lower than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Sunset High School?
87 students attend Sunset High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
63% of Sunset High School students are White, 17% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are American Indian, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sunset High School?
Sunset High School has a student ration of 17:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Sunset High School offer ?
Sunset High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
Review Sunset High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities