Surry Elementary School
Surry Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Surry Elementary School's student population of 335 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Surry Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#967 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Surry Co PBLC Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dendron Surry County High School Grades: 9-12 | 261 students
1675 Hollybush Rd
Dendron, VA 23839
(757)267-2211 0.1 9-12 261
- Dendron Luther P. Jackson Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 230 students
4255 New Design Rd
Dendron, VA 23839
(757)267-2810 0.2 5-8 230
- Williamsburg Jamestown High School Grades: 9-12 | 1350 students
3751 John Tyler Hwy
Williamsburg, VA 23135
(757)259-3600 13.6 9-12 1350
- Williamsburg Clara Byrd Baker Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 556 students
3131 Ironbound Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23185
(757)221-0949 14.1 PK-5 556
- Williamsburg Matoaka Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 725 students
4001 Brick Bat Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188
(757)564-4001 14.5 K-5 725
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.