Sylvan Park Elementary School
Sylvan Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Sylvan Park Elementary School's student population of 882 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||882 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sylvan Park Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#9005 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Will Rogers Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 146 students
14711 Gilmore St
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818) 778-6895 0.5 9-12 146
- Van Nuys Columbus Avenue Grades: K-5 | 517 students
6700 Columbus Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91405
(818) 779-5440 0.6 K-5 517
- Van Nuys Van Nuys Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 634 students
6464 Sylmar Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 785-2195 0.9 K-5 634
- Van Nuys Ararat Charter Grades: K-5 | 333 students
6555 Sylmar Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 994-2904 1.0 K-5 333
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?
Did you know it can take years to fire a public school teacher, even if the instructor is ineffective, has broken laws, or has acted inappropriately sexually towards students? Learn more about the teacher firing process and how it relates to the current debate raging on teacher tenure.