Sylvan Park Elementary School
Sylvan Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Sylvan Park Elementary School's student population of 867 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||867 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sylvan Park Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8698 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Will Rogers Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 139 students
14711 Gilmore St
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818)778-6895 0.5 9-12 139
- Van Nuys Columbus Avenue Grades: K-5 | 536 students
6700 Columbus Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91405
(818)779-5440 0.6 K-5 536
- Van Nuys Van Nuys Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 647 students
6464 Sylmar Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)785-2195 0.9 K-5 647
- Van Nuys Ararat Charter Grades: K-5 | 337 students
6555 Sylmar Ave.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)994-2904 1.0 K-5 337
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.