Sylvania Heights Elementary School
- The student population of 466 students has declined by 16% over five years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 17% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-5|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.13 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Dade School District's student population of 356,762 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,790 in this district is less than the state average of $12,021. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,082 is less than the state average of $12,230. The district spending/student has declined by 12% over four years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||356,762||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$3,488 MM||$122 MM|
|District Spending||$3,591 MM||$125 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,790||$12,021|
|District Spending / Student||$10,082||$12,230|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiamiFairlawn Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 650 students
444 Sw 60th Ave
Miami, FL 33144
- MiamiCharter High School Of The AmericasGrades: 9-12 | 90 students
970-984 W Flagler St
Miami, FL 33130
- MiamiCoral Terrace Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 463 students
6801 Sw 24th St
Miami, FL 33155
- MiamiMiami Children's HospitalGrades: KG-12
5120 Nw 24th Ave
Miami, FL 33142
- MiamiHenry M. Flagler Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 795 students
5222 Nw 1st St
Miami, FL 33126
I was at Sylvania Heights for 6 years and y expirence was GREAT!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ruben Larrosa
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.
September 07, 2017
Playing sports is a great way to build your child's confidence and dedication but there are some drawbacks. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of sports for middle schoolers and to learn how to support your student athlete.