Taylor Elementary School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 453 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Taylor Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Taylor Elementary School's ranking?
Taylor Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 10-14% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Taylor Elementary School?
453 students attend Taylor Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
98% of Taylor Elementary School students are Hispanic, and 2% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Taylor Elementary School?
Taylor Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Taylor Elementary School offer ?
Taylor Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Taylor Elementary School part of?
Taylor Elementary School is part of Mercedes Independent School District.
Review Taylor Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities