Blount County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 top public preschools in Blount County School District, serving 3,467 students.
- Public preschool in Blount County School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus Tennessee public pre school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus 33% Tennessee statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the top 30% of public pre schools in Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Tennessee public preschool average of 37% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Tennessee public preschool average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Blount County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.blountk12.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(865)984-1212|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 09|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|# of Schools||8 Schools||818 Schools|
|# of Students||3,467 Students||405,483 Students|
|# of Teachers||242 Teachers||26,802 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Blount County School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 129 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has increased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||659 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||16 Students||7,047 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||242 Students||42,634 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||68 Students||86,837 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,033 Students||255,686 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||389 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||101 Students||12,231 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||183||27,237|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||510||62,040|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||507||61,423|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||548||60,903|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||583||59,843|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||576||59,220|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||560||46,390|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||9,664|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||7,519|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||7,543|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||956|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||947|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||901|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||897|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,110 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,717. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,139 is less than the state average of $8,398. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$93 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$93 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,110||$8,717|
|Spending / Student||$8,139||$8,398|
Blount County School District Public Preschools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | TN School Rank)
- Maryville Carpenters Elementary School 915 Huffstetler Rd
Maryville, TN 37803
Grades: PK-5 | 510 students
- Maryville Eagleton Elementary School 708 Sam Houston School Rd
Maryville, TN 37804
Grades: PK-5 | 493 students
- Greenback Lanier Elementary School 6006 Lanier Rd
Greenback, TN 37742
Grades: PK-5 | 353 students
- Maryville Mary Blount Elementary School 131 South Old Glory Rd
Maryville, TN 37801
Grades: PK-5 | 577 students
- Louisville Middlesettlements 3105 Miser Station Rd
Louisville, TN 37777
Grades: PK-5 | 362 students
- Seymour Prospect Elementary School 1535 Burnett Station Rd
Seymour, TN 37865
Grades: PK-5 | 415 students
- Rockford Rockford Elementary School 3728 Williams Mill Rd
Rockford, TN 37853
Grades: PK-5 | 454 students
- Friendsville Union Grove Elementary School 330 South Old Grey Ridge Rd
Friendsville, TN 37737
Grades: PK-5 | 316 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.