Lake County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Lake County School District, serving 600 students.
- Public elementary school in Lake County School District have an average math proficiency score of 21% (versus the Tennessee public elementary school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 34% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Tennessee.
- Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Tennessee public elementary school average of 38% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Tennessee public elementary school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Lake County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.lake.k12.tn.us|
|School District Phone Number||(731)253-6601|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 09|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,422 Schools|
|# of Students||600 Students||716,351 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||46,122 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
- Lake County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 144 school districts in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,161 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||14,114 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||77,736 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||149 Students||157,807 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||391 Students||442,912 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||775 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 Students||21,846 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||56||27,367|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||58||75,165|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||68||74,633|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||55||74,145|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||75||74,844|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||67||78,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||52||78,681|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||60||76,941|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||49||70,909|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||60||69,663|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||4,337|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||3,970|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||3,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||3,821|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,149 is higher than the state average of $8,717. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,203 is higher than the state average of $8,398. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TN)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,149||$8,717|
|Spending / Student||$9,203||$8,398|
Lake County School District Public Elementary Schools (2020)
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.