Tensas Elementary School
Tensas Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Tensas Elementary School's student population of 190 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 31% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tensas Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#811 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tensas Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Joseph Tensas High School Grades: 7-12 | 266 students
720 Plank Road
Saint Joseph, LA 71366
(318)766-3585 0.1 7-12 266
- Newellton Newellton Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
Newellton, LA 71357
(318)467-5109 10.3 PK-8 136
- Port Gibson Arthur W Watson Junior Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 713 students
880 Anthony St.
Port Gibson, MS 39150
(601)437-5070 14.7 PK-5 713
- Port Gibson Port Gibson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 338 students
161 Ramsey Drive
Port Gibson, MS 39150
(601)437-4251 14.9 6-8 338
- Fayette Jefferson Co High School Grades: 9-12 | 381 students
2277 Main St.
Fayette, MS 39069
(601)786-3919 16.9 9-12 381
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.