Blackwell Cisd School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Blackwell Cisd School District serving 136 students in Blackwell, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 71%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Blackwell Cisd School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Blackwell Blackwell School610 N Alamo
Blackwell, TX 79506
Grades: PK-12 | 136 students
|School District Name||Blackwell Cisd School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||136|
|# of Teachers||22|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6|
|# of Male Students||69|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||67|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||25|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||109|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||10|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Blackwell Cisd School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $88,628 is higher than the state average of $10,811. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $107,128 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$88,628||$10,811|
|Spending / Student||$107,128||$11,097|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.