Canton Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public high schools managed by Canton Isd School District serving 642 students in Canton, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Canton Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,163 students|
|# of Teachers||145 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,046 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,117 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||25 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||20 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||259 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||45 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,746 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||68 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||42|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||164|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||169|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||183|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||159|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Canton Isd School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,498 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,251 is less than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,498||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$8,251||$11,097|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.