Rankin Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Rankin Independent School District, serving 160 students.
- Public high school in Rankin Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the Texas public high school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Texas.
- public high school in Rankin Independent School District have a Graduation Rate of 80%, which is less than the Texas average of 90%.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public high school average of 71% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Texas public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Rankin Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rankinisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(432) 693-2461|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,506 Schools|
|# of Students||160 Students||1,762,415 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||119,344 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
- Rankin Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,092 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||6,639 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||75,707 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||75 Students||906,639 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 Students||221,800 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||81 Students||514,278 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,634 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||34,718 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,268|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,682|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||6,775|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,056|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,623|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||7,908|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||9,071|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19||44,012|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||38||59,383|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17||60,659|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||26||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||19||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||22||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||19||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $93,709 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $83,490 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$93,709||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$83,490||$10,700|
Rankin Independent School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Rankin High School 1300 Upton
Rankin, TX 79778
Grades: 6-12 | 160 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.