Rotan Independent School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Rotan Independent School District, serving 258 students.
- Public elementary schools in Rotan Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 41% (versus the Texas public elementary school average of 49%), and reading proficiency score of 36% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public elementary school average of 73% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Texas public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Rotan Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rotan.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(325) 735-2332|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||6,603 Schools|
|# of Students||258 Students||3,670,141 Students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teachers||241,443 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
- Rotan Independent School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,178 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||14,159 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||160,333 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||139 Students||1,944,500 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||15 Students||454,228 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||96 Students||1,003,540 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||5,390 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 Students||87,991 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24||197,147|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||18||358,468|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||18||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||23||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||21||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26||313,894|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||13||309,073|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9||21,328|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||25||17,804|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||18||15,574|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16||13,932|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,719 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,058 is higher than the state average of $10,700. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,719||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$14,058||$10,700|
Rotan Independent School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.