The Howard School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,212 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Graduation Rate: 73% (Btm 50% in TN)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 3% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
3% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% TN state average), while 6-9% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 30% TN state average).
What is the graduation rate of The Howard School?
The graduation rate of The Howard School is 73%, which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 89%.
How many students attend The Howard School?
1,212 students attend The Howard School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
50% of The Howard School students are Hispanic, 46% of students are Black, 2% of students are White, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of The Howard School?
The Howard School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 15:1.
What grades does The Howard School offer ?
The Howard School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is The Howard School part of?
The Howard School is part of Hamilton County School District.
Review The Howard School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities