Thomas A Edison Elementary School
Thomas A Edison Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Thomas A Edison Elementary School's student population of 1,091 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||1,091 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thomas A Edison Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,234 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1741 out of 2234 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Union City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Bergen John F Kennedy Elementary School Grades: 1-8 | 514 students
1210 Eleventh St
North Bergen, NJ 07047
(201)974-7045 0.4 1-8 514
- Union City Colin Powell Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 788 students
1500 New York Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087
(201)351-5165 0.5 K-5 788
- Union City Veterans' Memorial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 636 students
1401 Central Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087
(201)348-2737 0.5 PK-5 636
- Jersey City Christa Mcauliffe School Grades: PK-8 | 1007 students
167 Hancock Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07307
(201)714-4360 0.6 PK-8 1007
I have experienced my entire childhood in this school and I'm just very glad that I did! All of the teachers are noteworthy and have beautiful ways of teaching. There is many activities for the students to do in this school! I would personally say that this is a great school and is very independent. I feel very lucky and thank my parents for choosing this elementary for me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A. Arias
My son has been attending Edison School for the past three years and now that they have the new principal, Mr. Aleman who was previously the vice principal of the union city high school i think he is doing a great job here in edison
- Posted by Parent - lynn4
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.