Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School
Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School's student population of 342 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Thomas Edison Energysmart Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Junction Maurice Hawk Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 790 students
303 305 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
(609)716-5425 0.9 K-3 790
- Princeton Junction Dutch Neck Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 692 students
392 Village Road East
Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
(609)716-5400 2.6 K-3 692
- Plainsboro West Windsor-plainsboro High School North Grades: 9-12 | 1414 students
90 Grovers Mill Road
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
(609)716-5100 2.6 9-12 1414
We are new to TEECS. Adjusting & transitioning in the 1st few weeks was tough but once my kids got used to the online resource instead of books for homework, they had no problems. There are teachers & staff who respond more promptly than others(as with every other teacher in any school) but all of them are approachable,qualified & many of them are certified. While they do have art,music & gym classes, TEECS is a charter school focused on academic excellence,technical & critical thinking skills. So if your child is more into sports & athletics,TEECS may not be the right school for him/her. They do have after school clubs that my kids love,on top of them being on the township sports clubs,they want to sign up for after school sports clubs. Security is very strict which makes us feel reassured of our kids' safety given the things we see & hear in the news lately. We are very happy with TEECS.Our kids are getting education that exceeds expectations & we feel reassured as for their safety everyday.
- Posted by Parent - TEECS Parent
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.