Thunderbird Preparatory Academy
- Thunderbird Preparatory Academy's student population of 157 students has declined by 56% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 34% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thunderbird Preparatory Academy's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#395 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Thunderbird Preparatory School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cornelius William Amos Hough High School Grades: 9-12 | 2594 students
12420 Bailey Rd
Cornelius, NC 28031
(980)344-0514 1.4 9-12 2594
- Cornelius J.v. Washam Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1033 students
9611 Westmoreland Rd
Cornelius, NC 28031
(980)343-1071 1.6 K-5 1033
- Huntersville Grand Oak Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 593 students
15410 Stumptown Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
(980)343-2063 2.1 K-5 593
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.