J.v. Washam Elementary School
J.v. Washam Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- J.v. Washam Elementary School's student population of 1,033 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,033 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J.v. Washam Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#145 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte-Mecklenburg s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cornelius Thunderbird Preparatory Academy Grades: K-6 | 157 students
17609 Old Statesville Rd
Cornelius, NC 28031
(704)412-1024 1.6 K-6 157
- Davidson Davidson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 708 students
635 South St
Davidson, NC 28036
(980)343-3900 2.1 K-5 708
- Cornelius William Amos Hough High School Grades: 9-12 | 2594 students
12420 Bailey Rd
Cornelius, NC 28031
(980)344-0514 2.1 9-12 2594
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.