Tri-c Community Day
Tri-c Community Day places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Tri-c Community Day's student population of 263 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tri-c Community Day is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8263 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 503 students
716 E. 14th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90021
(213) 745-1901 0.0 9-12 503
- Los Angeles City Of Angels Grades: K-12 | 1,711 student
221 S. E.man Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 415-8350 0.1 K-12 1,711
- Los Angeles San Pedro Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 738 students
1635 S. San Pedro St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(213) 747-9538 0.2 K-5 738
- Los Angeles Ninth Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 340 students
835 Stanford Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90021
(213) 896-2700 0.4 K-5 340
- Los Angeles Santee Education Complex Grades: 9-12 | 1,857 student
1921 S. Maple Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90011
(213) 763-1000 0.5 9-12 1,857
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.