Troost Elementary School
Troost Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Troost Elementary School's student population of 359 students has grown by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||359 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Troost Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#2042 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||KANSAS CITY 33 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Frontier School Of Excellence-m Grades: 6-8 | 128 students
5605 Troost Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64110
(816)822-1331 0.3 6-8 128
- Kansas City Academy For Integrated Arts Grades: PK-6 | 177 students
7910 Troost Ave
Kansas City, MO 64131
(816)444-1720 0.4 PK-6 177
- Kansas City Hogan Preparatory Academy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 342 students
Kansas City, MO 64132
(816)444-4479 0.5 6-8 342
- Kansas City Hogan Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 362 students
1221 E Meyer Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64131
(816)444-3464 0.6 9-12 362
- Kansas City Hogan Preparatory Academy Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 261 students
Kansas City, MO 64130
(816)444-5010 0.6 K-5 261
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.