Troy Heritage Trail School
- Troy Heritage Trail School's student population of 444 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||444 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Troy Heritage Trail School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#947 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Troy CCSD 30c School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Joliet Marycrest Early Childhood Center Grades: PK-K | 342 students
303 Purdue Ct
Joliet, IL 60436
(815) 725-1100 1.6 PK-K 342
- Joliet Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 629 students
1900 Oxford Way
Joliet, IL 60431
(815) 254-4005 1.9 K-5 629
- Joliet Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 456 students
2651 Glenwood Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
(815) 725-0262 1.9 K-5 456
- Shorewood Troy Shorewood School Grades: PK-4 | 443 students
210 School Rd
Shorewood, IL 60404
(815) 577-6760 1.9 PK-4 443
- Joliet Troy Craughwell School Grades: K-4 | 455 students
3333 Black Rd
Joliet, IL 60431
(815) 577-6760 2.2 K-4 455
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.