Tuckahoe Elementary School
Tuckahoe Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Tuckahoe Elementary School's student population of 538 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||538 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tuckahoe Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#76 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Arlington County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Nottingham Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 523 students
5900 Little Falls Road
Arlington, VA 22207
(703) 228-5290 0.7 K-5 523
- Falls Church Jessie Thackrey Preschool Grades: PK | 69 students
201 N. Cherry Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 248-5631 0.9 PK 69
- Falls Church Haycock Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 967 students
6616 Haycock Rd
Falls Church, VA 22043
(703) 531-4000 1.0 PK-6 967
- Arlington Family Education Center For Parenting Teens
1644 N. Mckinley Rd #2
Arlington, VA 22204
(703) 228-2700 1.1 n/a n/a
- Falls Church Mount Daniel School Grades: K-1 | 357 students
2328 N Oak St
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 248-5640 1.1 K-1 357
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.