Tupelo High School
- Tupelo High School's student population of 86 students has grown by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tupelo High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1678 schools in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Tupelo High School is Tupelo School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Tupelo School District's student population of 277 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,426 is higher than the state average of $8,255. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,513 is higher than the state average of $8,852. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Tupelo School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||277||431|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|District Graduation Rate||≥80%|
|District Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|District Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,426||$8,255|
|District Spending / Student||$9,513||$8,852|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tupelo Tupelo Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
200 South 7th
Tupelo, OK 74572
(580)845-2802 0.1 PK-8 191
- Stonewall Stonewall High School Grades: 9-12 | 118 students
600 South Highschool
Stonewall, OK 74871
(580)265-4242 6.6 9-12 118
- Stonewall Mclish Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 133 students
20650 County Road 3590
Stonewall, OK 74871
(580)777-2221 12.5 5-8 133
- Coalgate Coalgate High School Grades: 9-12 | 219 students
111 West Cedar
Coalgate, OK 74538
(580)927-2592 12.7 9-12 219
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.