Turkey Valley Elementary School
Turkey Valley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%)
Turkey Valley Elementary School's student population of 177 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Turkey Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Turkey Valley Elementary School is 0.08, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#147 out of 1232 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Turkey Valley Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school and middle school to Turkey Valley Elementary School is Turkey Valley Junior Senior High School (0.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Sumner-fredericksburg Middle School (12.3 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Waucoma Turkey Valley Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 184 students
3219 St Hwy 24
Waucoma, IA 52171
(563) 776-6011 0 7-12 184
- Calmar South Winneshiek High School Grades: 9-12 | 198 students
203 W South St
Calmar, IA 52132
(563) 562-3226 10.4 9-12 198
- Fredericksburg Sumner-fredericksburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 187 students
300 Main St
Fredericksburg, IA 50630
(563) 237-5334 12.3 6-8 187
- Fredericksburg Fredericksburg Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 162 students
401 E High St
Fredericksburg, IA 50630
(563) 237-5364 12.4 PK-5 162
- New Hampton New Hampton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 439 students
206 W Main
New Hampton, IA 50659
(641) 394-5858 14.2 PK-4 439
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?