Turtle Lake Elementary School
Turtle Lake Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Turtle Lake Elementary School's student population of 936 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||936 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Turtle Lake Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mounds View Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Chippewa Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1050 students
5000 Hodgson Rd
Saint Paul, MN 55126
(651)621-6400 1.6 6-8 1050
- Circle Pines Golden Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 366 students
#1 School Rd
Circle Pines, MN 55014
(763)792-5900 1.6 PK-5 366
- Saint Paul Lifespan Grades: PK-12
520 W Cty Rd E Ste C
Saint Paul, MN 55113
(651)635-1608 1.6 PK-12 n/a
- Circle Pines Calc Transition High School Grades: 9-12 | 34 students
4203 Woodland Rd
Circle Pines, MN 55014
(763)785-4185 2.2 9-12 34
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.