Unity Elementary School (pk-5)
- Unity Elementary School (pk-5)'s student population of 369 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Unity Elementary School (pk-5)'s student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1862 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Meriwether County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Moreland Moreland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 463 students
145 Railroad St
Moreland, GA 30259
(770)254-2875 4.3 PK-5 463
- Grantville Glanton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 328 students
5725 Highway 29
Grantville, GA 30220
(770)583-2873 4.8 PK-5 328
- Sharpsburg Poplar Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 597 students
2925 Poplar Rd
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
(770)254-2740 9.0 PK-5 597
- Newnan Welch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 843 students
240 Mary Freeman Rd
Newnan, GA 30265
(770)254-2597 9.8 PK-5 843
- Newnan 8th Grade Campus
160 Martin Luther King Dr
Newnan, GA 30263
(678)423-2000 10.0 n/a n/a
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.