Hogansville Elementary School
- Hogansville Elementary School's student population of 559 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hogansville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1264 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Troup County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lagrange Callaway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 867 students
2200 Hammett Rd
Lagrange, GA 30241
(706)845-2059 5.6 PK-5 867
- Lagrange Callaway Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 666 students
2244 Hammett Rd
Lagrange, GA 30241
(706)845-2080 5.6 6-8 666
- Grantville Glanton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 328 students
5725 Highway 29
Grantville, GA 30220
(770)583-2873 6.3 PK-5 328
- Hogansville Callaway High School Grades: 9-12 | 866 students
221 Whitfield Rd
Hogansville, GA 30230
(706)845-2070 7.0 9-12 866
- Lagrange Hillcrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 405 students
3116 Robert Hayes Rd
Lagrange, GA 30240
(706)812-7940 8.4 PK-5 405
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.