Beehive Science & Technology Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Beehive Science & Technology Academy School District, serving 308 students.
- Public middle school in Beehive Science & Technology Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the Utah public middle school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is more than the Utah public middle school average of 26% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the Utah public middle school average of 38:1.
|School District Name||Beehive Science & Technology Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://www.beehiveacademy.org|
|School District Phone Number||(801) 576-0070|
|School District Grades Offered||06 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||321 Schools|
|# of Students||308 Students||216,319 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||55 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||38:1|
- Beehive Science & Technology Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 118 school districts in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 21-39% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,565 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||51 Students||3,757 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||46 Students||36,332 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 Students||3,079 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||192 Students||160,701 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||3,166 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 Students||5,915 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||253|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||5,477|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||5,789|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||5,834|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||5,789|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||5,893|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||6,280|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||52||17,376|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||74||50,895|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51||50,650|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||50||35,561|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||35||8,545|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||24||8,503|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||22||9,474|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,866 is higher than the state average of $5,395. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,009 is higher than the state average of $5,720. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,866||$5,395|
|Spending / Student||$6,009||$5,720|
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.